Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Life marches on

So, it’s been a while (which is how I start my blogs apparently), and I have been remise in my blogging. I’ve been remise in everything lately really. Allergy season. Twice a year at two months a piece, I am devastatingly miserable, and accomplish very little.

So I am selling my house. If I can ever get it clean enough to put on the market that is… I am not getting it done fast enough, and it is really weighing on me. I don’t HAVE to sell my house though, but that seems to be the general perception. I can afford my house; I just can’t keep up with it. I think maybe because I work from home I have actually grown to HATE my house. This sucks because it is actually a very nice house. Anyway, enough of that. I did get my essay turned in for the house in Idaho. I combined the two, and I think it turned out very well. I will post it soon. I don’t think they will get enough entries, and they had changed it from an essay to a photograph, so that doesn’t seem like a good sign. I had already put a photo in the essay, so I just left it as is. Either way I am pretty proud of it.

I get so bogged down this time of year because there is so much going on, and the money seems to go out faster than it comes in. I am now broke because I took it upon myself to pay two smaller credit cards off, and if I’m not sure I can afford to without using them again…. Endless cycle, but if I can just restrain myself, I can get it done. It means eating in, and not buying things I only want, but don’t really need.

My daughter has apparently misunderstood this. She has taken it upon herself to decide that cutting back means we are broke, and she got really freaked out about it. I guess I should have seen it coming last night when she started asking me money questions. Out of the blue she thanked me for all her extracurricular activities. She said she really appreciated all of the stuff I let her do, and she new they cost a lot of money. I said thank you that was very nice of her. Then she talked about how expensive the ski team was. I told her yes, it was very expensive, and if I had to pay for it she wouldn’t be able to do it. I told her she needed to do something special for her grandpa to thank him for paying for her to be on the team. Then she asked me how much the house cost, and I said a lot, but it was really none of her business. Well somehow she took this all in and decided we were broke. Guess we will have to sit down and really discuss it, since we are fine, just a little tight (self imposed), and selling the house has nothing to do with money. I should have remembered from the 50/50 custody calamity last year. She understood it in her little head as Marissa spending the first half of her life with her dad, and the second half with us. I had some explaining to do LOL.

Our schedule is insane right now. Tuesday’s we have ice skating, then dry land for ski team. Wednesday we have ice skating, and Thursday we have soccer then dry land. Saturdays are soccer for now, then in December go to ski team. Not to mention she is competing in ice skating in November so she will have more Ice practice jammed in there somewhere…. Then she has an Ice show in December too. Whew, who knew mothering a prolific genius was so much work ha ha ha.

I am still playing poker, but really not well lately. I’ve been to Vegas a few more times, but won’t be going back until Oct. I will probably stay a week for my official vacation, and then won’t get back until spring (big frowny face). Of course maybe I shouldn’t spend the money at all and just stay home….. I have been planning the trip with friends all year though, and we have shows planned. Of course my main action item was the Jimmy Buffett concert, and he has apparently cancelled all of the California/Nevada shows, so now I can take it or leave it….

Well now, aren’t you glad you waited around on pins and needles for that blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment