Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend in Vegas

I just got back from an extended weekend in Vegas. You might ask, did I have fun? I sure tried. It wasn't cheap. I wasn't going to gamble, just play poker. Turned out the gambling tried to pay for the poker. Funny, it's usually the other way around. I did get a three card straight flush from my favorite dealer at the MGM Kim. They don't let you take pictures, otherwise I would post one. She always brightens any trip I take to Vegas. I usually stay at the MGM, so we have spent some time together.


I played some poker at the Hard Rock, nice room, full of Canadian dealers (playing, not dealing), and they kicked my ass. Wish I could say I learned something, but I think my only lesson may have only been, never play poker against Canadian dealers. At least not when the cards aren't going your way.


I played the seven o'clock at the Sahara. Crappy hotel, but I love playing poker there. I was killing it, and coming out of the second break I was almost double all remaining players chipstacks. My table broke, and of course I end up at the table with the only two players left who are pretty equal to my chipstack. I made a couple calls that drew dead, and lost my blinds lol. Alex, the dealer from my fleacing at the Hard Rock was one of the other high stacks. She went heads up with my other threat, and busted. Seemed allright to me, since she saw me get my ass handed to me earlier, and probably had a good read on me. Table broke again, down to final two. 118 players, and 70 rebuys, so final ten paid. I was medium stacked by then, but with 18 left, all I really needed to do was stay out of it till 8 more busted. A few at my table were close, and poker was just starting to get good. I got pocket Q's. I called, and the other end of the table raised all in. I knew he was just buying the blinds and the few that called. I should have gone all in instead of cheacking, that or folded. Of course I call with my lovely ladies, and he turns over KJ off suit. My luck gave out and he rivers a K. Well played. I couldn't even call it a bad beat, just better luck. It was alright though, I had won 110 bucks on the penny slot while I was waiting for the tourny to start, so it was really the cheapest four hours I spent in Vegas.


After that I don't know how I passed the time, but late (or early) I went out to catch a cab to the Stratosphere. Ghettoish I know, but it was last minute, so I took what I got. Anywho, I waited 15 mins for a cab, and when one finally come, and I tell the driver I'm going to the Stratosphere, he started yelling at me. Seriously. Insulting me, and calling me a lazy ass for not walking. I don't even think I would take that walk at night with a gun. I did it the night before because I reconized one of the other poker players from a game I was in at the Stratosphere, so I suggested we walk together instead of waiting for a cab. We were harassed by more then three very scary seeming vagrants, so I decided NOT to do that again. Any way, this driver was the biggest douch in douch ville. I was so ticked when he slammed on the brakes and I hit my head on the door. It was 5.10, and I handed him 6.00, he started yelling at me about tipping him. I got money, he says, I shouldn't be so cheap..... I just slammed the door. Really hard. Man he was such a douch. I am a really good tipper, min 20-30%, but you earn what your worth. I don't think Karma was too mad at me, I doubled up at three card table, and finally made the stearnest dealer in Vegas break out laughing. It made up for it anyway, we all had a good laugh.


Vegas should hire me, I can really fill up a table, and get everyone having a good time. People usually stand around waiting for seats. This dealer Corinne (I'm pretty sure), was so stern. China, her tag said. She would not look may way, or respond to anything I said. I was winging the wit around too. People were trying not to laugh, and some of them were down about the cards of course. At one point I stuck my tounge out. Not with malice though, just quick and playful, with cross eyes. She didn't see me of course, but everyone else did. My luck was coldish, I wasn't really going either way. Finally she turns over 569. I'm the last seat, so I start up. Ohhh, I don't know, it's gonna be a race, but I think I gottcha. I think I'm gonna bust that hand wide open. I play blind, so I hadn't seen my hand. But her hand didn't open, so we all pushed, so I was just blowing smoke. Anyway, she busted out laughing so hard she snorted. I guess she had been keeping it in for a while. I knew I was funny. Man remind me not to play poker with her. Of course then the table really livened up, and we all started winning.


At some point I went to Dick's in Excalibur. I like their half bucket of shrimp, everything else is a bit of a rip. My kids like it cause of the stupid hats. Of course the girls weren't with me, so I sat at the bar, and talked poker with Aaron.


Got semi-mooned by a loud obnoxious guy, Taco I think, wearing a G-String. So I leave you with this.

What happens in Vegas, rarely stays in Vegas. Sometime it does though lol ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment