Monday, June 8, 2009

Seriously, Vegas, Again? Yes, Vegas, again.

Hello world. I'm amazed that random people might be interested in what I have to say, so I'll try to keep it interesting.

Just got home last night from yet anouther jaunt to Vegas. Good times, bad times, I love them all times.

I am beginning to think in twitter. I think I have a problem, and could possibly need some real world intervention. I think I could use a trip off network. Maybe I should spend next weekend ranching. Very spotty phone service, no wireless, seems like I could be due.

I went to play poker, and I am not usually too social on these trips... This time however, I was happily wisked outside the box, and open to all of life's possibilities.

I didn't play poker too particularily well. Both due to the cards, and the fact that I just was not playing well. I played so much better when I didn't know anything lol.

My Summer was completly locked up, but my Co-Pilot in parenting asked to switch our weekends so he doesn't get screwed out of all of his (he is gone for several of them on work crap). So, it works out pretty well, except that I had stuff planned for the kids. It's all good though, easy changes. Anyway, I have several extra weekends now. I will probably go back for the last weekend in June.

I headed over to the Rio to spectate the WSOP, and was in awe. However, watching this happen just destroyed me!
Doyle Brunson @TexDolly moves all in.

He get's called. His pocket Q's take on AQ, and goes down to the second A. Brutal way to go home at #17!

I headed from there to the 7:00 at the Saraha. Seconds before the dinner break I all in my poket K's, they are easily batted away by A's. Me think's I overbet! Lesson learned!

I couldn't take anymore poker after that, so I decided to do the second best thing in Vegas. Drink! I headed to the #monstervegastweetup in progress at Diablo's at the Monte Carlo. I wasn't sure what to expect walking into a party by myself full of people I followed at 120 characters, and I was uncomfortable to say the least. I was immediately put at ease, donned a name tag, and started guzzeling 5$ Margies. Met Mike who stared at my boobs/name tag for a second. Then I met Cassandra who I moved to the bar and shared Nachos with. Turned out I was standing next to some other fellow Utahans I had played BJ with earlier, and our end of the bar turned into one heck of alot of fun. I stayed for a couple of Margies after Cassandra left, but did leave before I drank anybody to the "hot enough to sleep with" level. Much to the dismay of the guy who had been hitting on me for the last hour. I even got up and danced a bit, which was nice and fun.

I headed over to the MGM, and after a mirror/self photo check decided I looked sober enough for some cash games. I put on sunglasses and copped a coffee just in case though. I had a great time, and it seemed like poker was my friend again. I even finally learned how to shuffle my chips (thanks nice Asian guy next to me), and raked in a few very nice pots (thanks chatty OK guy who changed seats to steal blinds from bully two seats to my right). Then I hit a straight flush at the 3 card before calling it a night at about 5:30.

Sunday was not so nice to me though, but I can't blame poker too much since I only played one tournament, and it was 65. There my pocket K's ran into J's and of course, he rivered a set. I tanked at table games, and had to get more cash. MGM properties computers were down, so after two cab rides I walked over to the Tropicana for cash influx. I played my favorite slots (I am like a rat in a drug trial with my freaking habits), and they were, as usually, very nice to me. Then I crossed back to the MGM where a 3 card straight Flush and a three of a kind made sure I went home flush again.


All in all, I had a great time. I cultivated some new friends, that I hope grow into great friendships.

In closing I leave you with my Las Vegas WTF moment of ponderance:

yes, I'm pretty sure he is maybe 10, and no, I don't know what is in the glass, and NO he does not belong to me lol..

Also, Doyle @TexDolly I hope we do get that drink someday, and not in the booty call sorta way, cause I know you were completly kidding about that.

1 comment: