Friday, June 19, 2009

So anyway, I was just thinking out loud (in my head), about the whole economy situation. I realize alot of my views may not be so popular. You have to realize no matter how things are now, I will do whatever it takes for my family.

I'm not going green for Iran. Close your ears. They are a fucking TERRORIST state, in fact, they very possibly invented the terrorist, so no, I'm not signing up. I'm sorry if you are having trouble, but really, so are we, and we should concentrate on that.

I love to help out my fellow man. If you are the smoking guy in the parking lot who tells me you need 10 dollars to get a room cause the shelters been full for the last three nights, I don't care what the weather is, I will give you my last twenty. If you are the little lady down the street stuggling to bring our garbage cans in, I will pull over as quick as I can to do it for you. I won't just write some randome check, I will physically do whatever I can for you. I was raised by a struggling construction worker. I know how to be happy poor. That contruction worker made it really, Really well for himself, so I also know how to live well. I don't care.

I think I am special that way, and I try to instill that into my children. Money is money, it does not contain you. You can live however you want, but you must always be willing to take the risk. The risk that you may be rich today, and poor tomorrow, or poor today, and poor tomorrow. I said that right. You have to be willing to be poor. Once you let go of the fear that you MAY be poor, you can accomplish anything. You may be poor NO MATTER WHAT. This is no self help, just fact. happens. Seriously, it happens.

Since your reading still , I am going to go on and on.

What do I think the problems with America are? Honestly? The inability of the X/Y generation to face reality. Seriously, not that many people make 25+ an hour. Really, the majority of jobs are minimum wage which I think is under 6 dollars an hour. If I lost my overpaid job, I would be working no less then four jobs to make ends meet. I don't honestly think I would have a hard time finding them. You would find me mowing your lawn, serving your dinner, mixing your cocktails, and babysitting your kids. Not to mention roofing under the table. Seriously. All of that would probably pay rent (I'd have to let the house go, I know), but I would do it. There would be no private school for my kids. No ski team, no figure skating club (I would have to go, I'm an officer LOL), no soccor, no fencing, and I'd most likely sell the really cool keyboard Santa brought. Whatever, it's only stuff, and my girls know it's only stuff. What matters is your willingness to do what it takes.

That was not even related to what I really think the problems with America are. So really, from 15-20 years ago when I wanted to be president: (Look back now, and really dig deep to see my intelligence)
I believe that we need to get rid of the welfare system. The system was designed to alliviate a very specific problem (the depression) and, after the problem was resolved, the welfare system should have been fazed out. So since, it wasn't done, and we are facing base closers, here is my solution. The bases that are being force to close should be turned into welfare communities. Since there is already existing day care, and schools, and stores, this seems like a seamless solution. If you need assistence, you live here to recieve it. The government already ownes these, so there is no extra housing cost, and the schools and stores should offer employment to the assisted before going outside (much like the military).

Anyway, it got much deeper then that. Even then I believed foriegn policy began at home. Please don't read this like I am not charitable, because I truely am, I just believe in the phrase: If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish he will eat for a lifetime. There are people more poor than we will ever be, and I feel for them.

Iran, don't get me started. But since you have, they have been a terrorist country for as long as I know. Nice they tried democracy. SOOOOO shocking that didn't work out for them. If there is anybody under 50 rioting, they have had every chance to move on with their lives. Manipulating America, good on ya, but we bite back.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through some of the poker player’s twitter accounts. Pretty interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Iran. I have a friend who left Iran many years ago. And can never return. Nor does he want too.And he feels the same way about the people who run the country.
    The whole going green for Iran is pointless to me. It doesn't matter who is elected president . The ayatolla runs Iran . It is a fake democracy .

    ReplyDelete