Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I know, it's redundant. Vegas. Again.

So yeah, Vegas again. I had a pretty rigorous poker schedule worked out, and it went well enough. I won two tournaments, and took third in one. No chopped pots (which I loathe unless there is NO chance I'm gonna win LOL).


I played the Binions classic, and got booted 75 of 217 (Sucked out by a total nincompoop I might add), Played the grand (badly), played the Binions again (worse then the Grand). My first pro sat down next to me (Susie Isaac's), the one day I DIDN'T wear a hat lol.


After playing the Binion's game totally tilted I ditched poker and decided on fun instead. I played blackjack for a while, and came across a group of very interesting, and friendly Montana boys (men really). After a couple of hours of that they talked me into joining them for dinner. We got a limo and headed up to the Blue Martini. If you haven't been there, well neither have I, so I guess we might not be missing much lol. It was closed for a private concert, so we mozzied over to the Cadillac Ranch instead. They had a bull. I think you may see where this is going....


So I was wearing a dress, but since everybody else had done it, and they were nice enough to loan me shorts (at the table), I just had too. It's been a few years since I mounted something that unpredictable, and I am happy to report I did very well. Even my dismount was graceful. Seriously TOO MUCH FUN.


The rest of the night involved more Black Jack (bad idea), more booze (good idea), more limo (who can say no to that), Piano bar at New York/New York (one of my favs), strip walking (not one of my favs cause I wear VERY high heals), and making it back to Golden Nugget in time for poker (completely untilted). I had kind of a rough start to that game. Spilling my coffee first on myself, then on the table, but the table change was fortuitous, and some of them were asking me to spill coffee on them.....


I thought that was all great, but there was one casualty of war. My iphone. Apparently, iphones don't drink coffee. So I had to buy a new one, and I lost all my pictures. Words can not even describe how frustrated I was with AT&T.


Funny story though. Went to Apple in Ceasers. Cute little guy helping me was trying so hard, but there was nothing to be done. I told him I had won the poker tournament, but my phone had lost the battle. He got SOOOO excited. He shook my hand, and told me what an honor it was to be serving me, and how proud he was of me (reminded me of my military days). I realized he thought I won THE tournament. While I would love to win THE tournament, I am nowhere near good enough, and it would be stupid opponent frustrating luck, if I did. Anyway, I didn't have the heart to tell him, so I just let him replace my phone (he couldn't comp it? Come on Apple!) I did not get the new one because it would have cost me 600 bucks. I should have not replaced it at all, since I ended up losing everything anyway. I should have just switched to Verizon who has better service anyway, and no problems with tethering... But that's a whole other conversation.


After the bull riding incident (morning after), I have a renewed commitment to getting back in shape. So body sculpt at Golds here I come (since I have a membership and all). OOhhhh, I am going to HATE myself for the next month...... LOL, then it will be good.


I want to leave you with my only in Vegas picture, but I lost them all. So I will leave you with my Gus Hansen shot. It wasn't supposed to be a Gus Hansen shot, but he saw the camera aimed at him, and was holding a pose for me, so it would have been very rude not to make it my Gus Hansen shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment