Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Inner Voice

Are the voices in my head bothering you? Well, are they? I don't claim any originality to that line, but it did bring me a flashback.

I was booking a hotel one time, and the gentleman asked me if it was just me. I replied, "I don't know, are you going to charge me extra for the voices in my head?" We both had a good laugh. At least I thought we had a good laugh, but it turned out he charged me double for my free room. I never did get that money back.

As far as rooms I've stayed in worldwide, it was also one of the worst. That includes the 1$ a night room in Bangkok where they forbid "knock-knock", I am sure all five of my readers are smart enough to figure out what they meant by that.

I love catching people off gaurd and making them laugh. I know I am completly corny, I don't care. It's who I am get over it, or walk away, I'm not forcing you to stay.

I especially love catching people on the phone off gaurd. You know, the bored people you call to complain to. I had to close all my credit cards once, cause my boyfriend at the time was making me. So I had to call all of them, and close them. Most of them I kept paid off, and it was before the market crashed, so they were pretty competitive about keeping me. I called one, and the woman asked me my reason for closing. I told her "My signifigant other is making me." She started laughing so hard she snorted. She told me she was supposed to try to get me to stay, but the script didn't have a comeback for that. Before I had responsisblitites I worked in telemarketing, so I knew just what she meant. Anyway, moments like that always make my day.

Here is a little something I hope helps make you laugh today.

No comments:

Post a Comment